At RedBox Technologies (redboxsa.com) we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect
You are not required (by law or by any contract with us) to provide personal information to us via this website. We will only require you to provide personal information to us where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service at your request.
Information you provide to us:
We may receive personal information about you whenever you contact us. For example, by doing the following:
- Enquiring about our products or services
- Using and browsing our website
- Telephoning, texting, writing by post or emailing us
- Enquiring about, or applying for, job vacancies
This information may include the following:
- Normal identification information, such as your full name and title
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number
- Additional information relevant to your use of our site and services, such as your marketing preferences, survey responses and feedback
- Information about your shipment, including the recipient
- Your VAT status (for international shipments)
- Payment information (this is securely collected and processed by our payment provider)
- In respect of job applications, your CV including details of your education and employment history (and any other information which you may choose to provide to us with your CV)
Information we collect about you on our website
We collect information using cookies and other similar technologies to help distinguish you from other users of our website. These can streamline your online experience by saving you from re-inputting some information and also allow us to make improvements to our website. When you visit our website, we may collect the following information:
- The User Agent (device) details supplied by your internet browser
- Your password for this website, but not those used to log in via a third-party provider.
- If you choose to log in using a third party, we will record your choice of login provider
- If you choose to link your account to a third party marketplace to import items for shipment, we will record the details necessary to facilitate that link
- A device identifier (cookie or IP address) and general location for fraud prevention
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, website pages, links, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
- Where orders originate from advertising sources, we record the source of each order. This is purely to allow us to assess the effectiveness of these adverts and is not used for customer profiling of any kind.
If you choose to pay for your goods with a credit or debit card, we will store an encrypted reference to your card known as a ‘token’. This helps us to keep your data secure by enabling further payments to be processed without us storing your sensitive card details. This allows you to use your card in the future without re-adding your details, and we may use this to charge your card for any surcharges charged.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Information we collect about you from other sources
We do not collect information about you from other sources.
Information we receive about you from other sources
Sometimes you will have given your consent for other websites, services or third parties to provide information to us. This could include information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites that we operate or the other services that we provide, in which case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
It could also include information from third parties that we work with to provide our products and services, such as payment processors, delivery companies, technical support companies and advertising companies. Whenever we receive information about you from these third parties, we will let you know what information we have received and how and why we intend to use it.
Information Collected by Third Parties
- In addition to information collected by ourselves then we may also receive data that has been collected by third parties, which would be added to the previous information held by ourselves.
Why we collect personal information about you
- To provide you with our online services which are detailed on our website.
- On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers.
- Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
- Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
- All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
- We may use the cookies for the following purposes:
- To show relevant advertisements on sites on the internet
- To show relevant advertisements based on your prior visit to our website
- To use Google Analytics data to serve advertisements based on your prior visit to our website
Use of Your Information
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- Further, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third Party Links
- You mind find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
How you can help keep your personal information secure
- As you would expect of us, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal information you provide through our website is held and managed securely. However, there is not a lot that you can do to help keep your personal information safe – not just on our website, but whenever you provide information online.
- Here are some simple ways you can improve the security of you information:
- Use a secure browser
- Encryption is the process through which sensitive information is scrambled before it is transmitted so that it remains private even if it is intercepted. 128-bit versions support it.
- Two popular browsers that support 128 – bit encryption are:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 and later versions
- Netscape Navigator version 6 and later versions
- Security upgrades for some older browser versions are available. We recommend that you contact your preferred browser provider for further information.